From drain re-lining to culvert cleaning and flood relief, Drainage Facilities Management Ltd (DFM) performs a range of services with a focus on health and safety. Our experienced team works with councils, industrial clients and homeowners alike, delivering the same high levels of workmanship regardless of project scope. Our drainage company accommodates a wide range of needs – from simple drain clearances to complex ongoing projects.
Based in Great Gransden, we operate in Bedford, Bishop’s Stortford, Cambridge, Hertford, Hitchin, Letchworth Garden City, Milton Keynes, Peterborough, Stevenage and St Neots. We also cover all other areas across the East and South East of the UK and can travel nationwide for larger scale drainage work.
Specialising in a complete range of drainage solutions, DFM offers scheduled, ad-hoc, ongoing and emergency solutions for round-the-clock care. You can see examples of the work we undertake on our gallery page.
If you have a project that demands confined space entry, our team can help. We supply PPE, ensure our engineers are trained to the highest level, and arrive fully prepared with certified complete confined space equipment. Trained in First Aid and dedicated to safety, the DFM team can support any project where confined space is an issue.Tankers, sewers, cesspits, trenches and septic tanks are examples of the confined spaces we work in.
The services our drainage company provides include:
• Compiling methods and risk assessments
• Use of gas detection units and interpreting readings
• The careful management of gases and biological hazards
• The necessary supervision for safer working conditions
• A full understanding of health and safety regulations
• Rescue procedures, entry permits and isolation procedures
Culverts direct excess water way from roads, railways, bridges and other structures. Consequently, they are important for maintaining the condition of roadbeds and preventing flooding in low-lying areas.
Improper maintenance leads to blockages, preventing the safe passage of water and resulting in flooding. To keep culverts in Bedford, Bishop’s Stortford, Cambridge, Hertford, Hitchin and the South East fully functional, we provide:
• Site visits and no-obligation quotes with no call-out fees
• Fast identification of the potential risks and problem areas
• CCTV and confined space entry inspections
• Helping customers achieve a 100% pollution-free environment
• Off-road cleaning and inspections
• Use of high-pressure water jets, specialist rods, vacuuming processes and tankers
Floods can strike at any time, so we make ourselves available on a 24-hour basis for customers in Letchworth Garden City, Milton Keynes, Peterborough, Stevenage, St Neots and all the surrounding areas. DFM owns a fleet of tankers to remove wastewater as quickly as possible and ensure your location remains pollution-free. Our efficient services also protect the structural integrity of your property.
• Safe removal and disposal of floodwater
• 24/7 response for flood control and clean-up
• Prompt removal and disposal of pollution
• Bespoke solutions for homes and businesses
• Risk assessments and an effective plan of action
• Advice on preventative measures
If your pipes have become cracked, fractured or damaged, our drainage company can provide a ‘no-dig’ patch lining system – also known as a cured in place pipe (CIPP). This process typically involves CCTV drain surveys with compiled reports and is an excavation-free service.
Using an inflatable packer wrapped in a fibreglass mat and epoxy resin, we can re-line your damaged pipes to keep your drainage system fully operational.
• Unlimited site visits from an experienced engineer
• Quality repairs for an improved drainage infrastructure
If you own an oil interceptor, contact our team for professional services. We have a fleet of vacuum and combination tankers ready which are superb at clearing pollutants from oil tanks and interceptors. Because oil and solids remain within the filter, we advise calling us for interceptor emptying and cleaning every six months.Our services include standing waste removal for free-flowing water, periodic maintenance and installation as necessary.
Gullies allow rainwater to enter the sewage system while catch pits trap silt and debris to prevent blockages. Any build-up of waste may compromise gullies. With a range of tanker services available, our drainage company can remove standing water and dispose of soil and debris for a high-performing gully system.
We install and maintain gullies and catch pits for clients in Bedford, Bishop’s Stortford, Cambridge, Hertford, Hitchin, Letchworth Garden City, Milton Keynes, Peterborough, Stevenage, St Neots and the East of the UK.